Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Letters.

Another drabble. A possible, possible, continuation of the previous drabble, although very far in the story.

What the hell did I just say? I'm not making any sense. Eh. Enjoy?
---

I pulled one of my hands out of my coat pockets, pausing briefly in mid-air, contemplating on whether this was right. I tilted her head upwards. Our eyes met for a split second before she turned away. Her's were pricked with tears, although they weren't flowing yet. She must be fighting to keep it in.


"I don't want to leave." She mumbled.


I wanted to hug her right then and there. I wanted to tell her how I shared the same sentiments. I wanted to say how much I...


How much I loved her.


But I can't. That'll just make it harder for her--for us both--to let go.


"It's for your own good." I pressed my lips to her forehead, lingering for a moment as I inhaled her intoxicating scent and mulled over when I'll get to see her again.


I turned around and started walking.


"Letters!" She shouted, suddenly. I faced her, eyes wide. What was she talking about?


With eyes so hopeful and a smile so weak, she continued, "I'll send you letters."
----
I'm bad at translating feelings, derp.

No comments:

Post a Comment